- Diego and Mateo Romero were named the 2019 recipients of the Native Treasures Living Treasures award by the Museum of Indian Arts and Culture. Diego and Mateo Romero: A Larger Vision will be on view at MIAC March 31, 2019 through March 1, 2020.
- The (R)evolution of Steve Jobs, which premiered at the Santa Fe Opera in 2017, has been nominated for four Grammy awards.
- After thirty years, Karen Melfi fine jewelry gallery on Canyon Road in Santa Fe closed on December 31, 2018.
- IAIA (Institute of American Indian Arts) will offer AFA and BFA degrees in Performing Arts for the first time since 1990.
- Debra Garcia y Griego, director of Santa Fe’s Arts Commission, was named secretary of cultural affairs by Governor Michelle Lujan Grisham.
- The Santa Fe Arts Commission is launching a CSA program. Each $500 share entitles the shareholder to receive 9 artworks, one from each of the 9 featured artists.
- SFAI (Santa Fe Art Institute) announced its new residency theme: Labor. Applications are due April 1.
To get New Mexico art news in your inbox, sign up for our newsletter.
Do you have arts and culture news to share with The Magazine?
Send hot tips to firstname.lastname@example.org