Southwest Contemporary seeks a Publisher’s Assistant in Santa Fe, New Mexico.
As a part of the team at Southwest Contemporary, the leading contemporary art magazine of the region, you’ll be working at the heart of the arts community, facilitating the important work of the publication and working one-on-one with the movers and shakers behind local and regional business, institutions and organizations.
We are in need of a part-time Publisher’s Assistant to support the Publisher in sales, operations management, administration, and marketing. The right candidate will be outgoing and have the ability to connect easily with clients, visitors, and readers. Must have strong verbal and written communication skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Prospect and qualify leads.
- Cold-contact leads to set appointments for the publisher.
- Create, send, track contracts and invoices.
- Guide clients through the on-boarding and ad insertion processes.
- Manage run sheets and insertion orders.
- Make quality assurance calls.
- Manage inventory of sales collateral.
- Use CRM to keep detailed customer notes and track sales data.
- check, sort, file, respond to emails.
- field and respond to call-in and walk-in inquiries.
- liaise with and prep materials for bookkeeper.
- Fulfill mailings, sort and file mail.
- Organize and maintain clean, efficient office and gallery spaces.
- Run errands.
- Schedule appointments.
- Create and document processes and systems for business operations.
- Coordinate involvement in art fairs and trade shows.
- Make website edits and enter content.
- Assist with set-up and break-down of events. Must be available to work occasional evening and/or weekend events.
- Create and send email campaigns.
- Draft and schedule social media content.
- Daily engagement on primary social media platforms.
- Run errands, schedule meetings, and other miscellaneous support.
- A genuine interest in art and culture.
- The desire to be a Southwest Contemporary brand ambassador and present oneself professionally in the community.
- The ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to meticulously document, track, and organize systems and activities.
- Experience with spreadsheets, Google Suite applications, and CRMs is preferred.
- Graphic design experience is helpful but not required.
- You must be willing to prospect, qualify, and call to set up sales meetings for the publisher.
- You must be well-organized, maintain meticulous records.
For this position, Southwest Contemporary provides:
- 20 hours per week, $20/hour.
- Potential for growth based on success. With proven performance, this position may grow to full-time on track to become an Operations Manager or Audience Engagement Manager.
Your application must include:
- Resume / CV – no more than one page
- Cover Letter – no more than one page
- 3 professional references: including name, phone, email, and relationship.
To learn more about our company to decide if this opportunity if a good fit for you, check out our website at southwestcontemporary.com.