Advertising Sales Representatives
Southwest Contemporary seeks part-time temporary Sales Reps based in New Mexico to support sales of ad space and listings in the New Mexico Field Guide. As a part of the team at SWC, the leading contemporary art magazine of the region, you’ll be working at the heart of the arts community, facilitating the important work of the publication and working one-on-one with the movers and shakers behind local and regional business, institutions, and organizations.
- Sell advertising space and listings to New Mexico businesses and institutions in the New Mexico Field Guide.
- Meet weekly with the SWC team to discuss company goals and projects, share updates on sales operations.
- Meet daily with the SWC publisher to review prospects, accounts, and pending and closed sales.
- Cultivate relationships with arts and culture businesses and organizations in New Mexico.
- Manages sales schedule: tracks and meets deadlines.
- Work with clients to ensure on-time delivery of ad materials and listing information.
Requirements + Skills
- A passion for art and visual culture, including visual art, museums, galleries, theater, music, and food.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Ability to meticulously document, track, and organize sales activities.
- Experience with spreadsheets, Google Suite applications, and CRMs is preferred.
- You must be willing to prospect, cold call, and network to set up appointments to capture, renew, and expand business opportunities on the phone, over Zoom, and in person.
- Prior relationships within the arts and culture sectors will be helpful in this position.
- No sales or media experience is required.
- Part-time, flexible schedule Monday through Friday.
- Temporary two-month contract, with potential to be extended.
- Position may be remote, but applicants should reside within New Mexico.
- Commission-based pay with an introductory draw.
- Sales period begins in February through April 22.
- Position may be extended depending on performance.
To apply, please submit
- A resume.
- A cover letter no longer than one page.
- Three professional references including name, phone, email, and relationship.
to Lauren Tresp at email@example.com. Application review will be begin January 24, 2022.