Vital Spaces is seeking a full-time Program Manager to oversee Vital Spaces’ community and arts programming.
Vital Spaces is a Santa Fe-based nonprofit that aims to create a vibrant, inclusive arts community, providing accessible spaces and opportunities to create, present, and experience quality art. We seek to enhance Santa Fe’s reputation as a contemporary art center by fostering connections across a diverse intersection of local artists, residents, and visitors. The Program Manager will play an integral role in fulfilling this mission, serving as the main point of contact for local artists and partner organizations. The ideal candidate will be ready for hands-on community building while also being adept at attending to details, planning, and problem solving. We are a small team that works closely together on projects. The Program Manager will report to the Executive Director and will be assisted by the Program and Operations Coordinator. The Program Manager will be a champion and supporter for Vital Spaces artists and the creative community in Santa Fe, helping artists achieve their creative vision and share that with a broad audience.
We welcome candidates from within the communities that we serve. We value lived experience as much as professional experience and creativity and aligned values over degrees.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for the arts, social justice, equity, and community building – a continuous learner who values relationships, collaboration, and creativity.
- Coordinate 20+ artist-run exhibitions and events a year.
- Oversee our monthly Community Art Closet and pop-up market, including managing the volunteers and part-time contractor who help with the Community Art Closet.
- Work with our volunteer Curatorial Committee to select artists for the studios and exhibition spaces while continuing to improve on our application process.
- Develop, run, and work with the Executive Director and grant writer to procure funding for Vital Spaces’s programs.
- Respond to all studio artist questions and address any studio problems.
- Develop partnerships with other local nonprofits.
- Organize frequent community building and artistic or professional development events for both Vital Spaces artists and the broader creative community.
- Work with the artists and the Program Coordinator to advertise exhibitions, events, and open calls.
- Post on social media.
- Work with a contracted grant writer on the language for grants.
- Must be available some nights and weekends to assist with events and programming.
- Assist the Executive Director with building acquisition and fundraising as necessary/time permits.
- Capable of working with all levels of diverse communities including artists, businesses, government agencies, donors, etc.
- Strong verbal/written communications and people skills.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail.
- Knowledge and experience with nonprofits and/or event planning.
- Must be receptive to receiving direct feedback and demonstrate maturity and common sense.
- Experience working with artists.