Production + Design Associate
The Production + Design Associate supports all visual elements of the Radius brand, including book production, design, and branding.
• Work closely with Publisher to implement the design of our books
• Work closely with Managing Editor on scheduling
• Work closely with Communications Director on graphics for marketing, social media, and newsletter
• Prep files for printer, and ensure files meet technical specifications, including links, InDesign files, proofs (original and prepress), and barcodes
• Communicate directly with all printers and binders as needed in the production process
• Support entire Radius team on any additional design needs
• Advanced competency in Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign and PhotoShop, required.
• 1-3+ years production and/or design experience, book publishing preferred.
• Strong communication skills and the capability to juggle multiple projects at a time.
• Comfortable engaging with Radius artists, writers, donors, collectors, and customers.
• Ability to adapt to different environments and meet demanding deadlines.
• Interest in typography, graphic design, photography, and the arts preferred.
• Benefits include 2 weeks of paid holiday and health insurance.
• Salary commensurate with experience.
• Temporary remote applicants considered during COVID, but ultimately this will be an in-office position in Santa Fe, NM.
Radius Books is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates regardless of race, color, sex, age, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or political affiliation. We aim to hire talented people of all backgrounds, identities, and abilities.
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and indicate Production + Design Associate in the subject line. No calls, please. For more information about Radius Books, please visit radiusbooks.org.