Tierra Mar Gallery in Santa Fe seeks a part-time Sales Associate/Art Consultant
REPORTS TO: Gallery Director
SUMMARY OF POSITION: The gallery Sales Associate/Art consultant is responsible for creating sales and opportunities through in-person and online marketing. The ideal candidate will deliver a professional presentation to our clientele and uphold the ideals, principles, and practices of gallery operations. The position includes some administrative tasks. Those tasks would include entering required data into the database, coordinating packing and shipping of artwork, inventory management, updating art tags, and maintaining the general order and cleanliness of the gallery. The Sales Associate/Art Consultant would also assist the Director in the curation of the gallery with hanging/placement of artwork and staging of shows.
1. Greet and attend to visitors to facilitate sales.
2. Attend to clients throughout the sales process: Identifying serious buyers, closing, taking payment, obtaining shipping quotes, coordinating shipment, creating COA, delivery follow-up.
3. Maintain long-term relationships with collectors.
4. Set sales goals with Director and suggest ways to improve sales.
5. Communicate with gallery artists regularly regarding delivery and pick up of work.
6. Master the use of gallery Sales and Inventory system.
7. Help in staging the gallery for artists change-outs and shows.
8. Maintain knowledge of artist processes and techniques.
9. Maintain order and cleanliness in the gallery.
10. Assist Director with other duties as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS OF CANDIDATE:
1. At least 5 years of proven work experience in selling artwork in a gallery.
2. Understanding of the principal’s art sales.
3. Strong command of customer service skills.
4. Friendly and energetic personality with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
5. Experience with management and POS systems. Use of ArtLogic a plus.
6. Be able to multitask.
7. Computer proficiency in Mac and Apple software.
8. Ability to perform under pressure and address issues in a timely manner.
9. Will maintain a regular schedule of workdays but will be asked to provide support off-hours support during shows and events.
10. Ability to lift heavy paintings and sculptures.