This part-time position is responsible for coordinating the operations of the college fine art gallery.
- Researches and implements best practices for the installation and care of artwork.
- Researches artists to find appropriate and interesting exhibits for display.
- Directs the installation of temporary art exhibits in the Henderson Fine Art Gallery and the Humanities Art Gallery.
- Provides docent tours of the art collection for students and community members.
- Manages artist contracts.
- Monitors the Art Gallery Budget/Expenditures.
- Coordinates catering for special events
- Creates an image record of the permanent art collection.
- Monitors the permanent art collection for needed repairs and maintenance; coordinates required repairs.
- Solicits donations of artworks and collections; manages the display and storage of donated works of art.
- Serves as a member of the San Juan College Fine Arts Committee; serves on other college committees as assigned.
- Serves as Fine Arts Committee’s Liaison, Secretary, & Budget Monitor.
- Maintains budget and financial records including purchase order entry and other related forms.
- Assists with the organization and scheduling of events.
- Attends evening and weekend events to assist and take in money as a representative of the college.
- Prepares/distributes marketing materials which include such items as performance/event programs, invitations, and flyers
- Performs related duties.