The Harwood Museum invites artists living and working in Taos as well as those who may have moved away but have deep roots in the area, to apply for a juried exhibition.
All entries must be submitted digitally to harwoodmuseum.org by midnight on March 1st, FREE of charge. Artists will be notified of the decision in mid-April. Each artist will have the opportunity to submit 3 works of art (6 images total) created in the past three years as well as a Biography and CV. Jury will consist of Harwood Museum of Art’s new Curator, Nicole Dial-Kay, Douglas Dreishpoon and Dakota Hoska. Artists and artworks will be evaluated on the digital materials submitted, and according to the following criteria:
• Living artists active in their career and creating visual art in Taos County or those with deep ties to Taos.
• Artist may be any age (18 and under will require parental permission to participate if selected).
• Artists may be at any level in their career: emerging to internationally acclaimed
• Original artworks in any medium accepted
• 2D, 3D, installation or digital media works accepted
• Works cannot exceed 10’ x 10’ x 10’
• Works submitted must have been created in last 3 years (2017 to 2020)
• Works submitted must be available between April and November 2020, and exhibition ready.
• Artist will be responsible for transport of artwork to and from studio to Harwood Museum during the specified drop off and pick up dates.
• Demonstrated dedication to their studio practice
• Demonstrated success with their art career as shown by CV
• Commitment to artwork as demonstrated through CV and Artist Bio
• Artistic skill in technique or medium
• Strength of concept behind works
• Strength in relevance of work
• January 10 to March 1 – Call Open
• April 15 – Notification Date
• May 23 to October 18, 2020 – Exhibition Dates