Call for Art
2023 Annual Northern New Mexico Devotional Show
Ray Drew Gallery, NMHU
Las Vegas, New Mexico
Deadline to summit work: March 31
Accepted Artists will be notified by: April 9
Exhibition Dates: MAY 4 – 26
Reception: MAY 5 (5 -7pm)
Upon approval by the Ray Drew Art committee Artists will delivery and pick up work during specified dates. If you are unable to deliver in person, pieces may be shipped and returned at the artist’s expense.
Art work due to Ray Drew Gallery between: April SUN 23 – FRI 28
Pick up of work: MAY 28 – JUNE 2
– It is free to apply. Artists from Albuquerque, Santa Fe, San Miguel and Mora counties welcome.
– Open to any and all traditional and non-traditional visual arts media (including 2D, 3D) Genre, subject matter, and content must be Devotional in content. We encourage but it is not restricted to reflecting the traditional folk-art styles.
– Artists are encouraged, but not required, to display works for sale.
– Artists are responsible for delivery/transportation to and from The Ray Drew Gallery. Some short- term storage is available for pick up.
– Artists are required to deliver work with Artist’s name, title, email and phone number secured to back/bottom of each piece.
– Two-dimensional art must be wired ready to hang on the wall D-rings preferred; three-dimensional art should be stable and safe. (we discourage the use of saw tooth hangers). Without a wire or hanger, staff can choose not to include works.
– Ray Drew Gallery takes 0% commission / Any sales will be arranged solely between the artist and the buyer. Contact info will be sent to Artist.
– Artwork exhibited in the Ray Drew Gallery is insured for the duration of the exhibit.
SUBMISSION OF IMAGES
Ray Drew accepts only digital images/files for consideration. See specifications below. The Gallery will retain the submitted images of accepted artwork and reserves the right to use the images in publications and gallery publicity. Beyond such use, the artist retains full copyright of exhibited work.
Entry images must meet the following specifications:
All entry files (regardless of type or media) must be named with artist’s last name (underscore) first name, followed by the entry number as noted on the entry form (for example: Jones_Mike_1.jpg).
Please DO NOT include any other information in the file name, such as title of work, etc.
Detail, installation, or alternate view images must include the word ‘detail’ in the filename (for example: Jones_Mike_1detail1.jpg).
The image files should be in HIGH QUALITY JPEG format, images should be no smaller than 1000 pixels in any direction (about 13”) and be 72dpi. This should result in most image files ranging from 700kb to 2mb in file size but this is only approximate.
NUMBERED LIST OF WORK (PDF):
Will contain all works summited for exhibition with corresponding number of digital image in (Calibri 12pt) FORMATED EXAMPLE:
1. Artist Name
Value of work
Approximate size in inches
Send email to: email@example.com The email should include the artist’s full name as subject along with Devotional